Support Massimo’s Writings!
Like my writings? Consider supporting more of them with an occasional donation! And thanks!
Here is a list of my favorite, freely available, essays on the theory and practice of Stoicism (apart from my archived blog, How to Be a Stoic) that I have written over the years. Most recent on top.
- On COVID-19 and pandemics: a secular Stoic perspective (the Humanist)
- How to Practice Epictetus’ Disciplines for a Good Life (Modern Stoicism)
- Again: modern science does not support the Stoic God, and that’s okay (The Side View)
- The Stoic god is untenable in the light of modern science (The Side View)
- Marcus Aurelius — the Unemotional Stoic? (IAI News)
- Human nature matters (Aeon)
- How to live like a Stoic (New Philosopher)
- Infidelity: a Stoic’s perspective (IAI News)
- What the Stoics did for us (New Humanist)
- When I help you, I also help myself: on being a cosmopolitan (Aeon)
- Should I kill myself or have a cup of coffee? The Stoics and Existentialists agree on the answer (IAI News)
- Anger is temporary madness: the Stoics knew how to curb it (Aeon)
- On the happy life (commentary on Seneca) (Aeon)
- How a skeptic became a Stoic (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- The best five books on Stoicism (Five Books)
- Stoicism (Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- How to be a Stoic (New York Times)